This WP Media Category Management plugin will ease the management of media categories.
It supports categories for media using either the existing post categories or a dedicated media_category custom taxonomy.
The plugin supports easy category toggling on the media list page view and also bulk toggling for multiple media at once.
The main benefits:
- use post categories or dedicated media categories,
- control your media categories via admin the same way as post categories,
- toggle any media taxonomy assignment from Media Library via admin,
- filter media files in Media Library by your custom taxonomies,
- use new shortcode to filter the media on galleries in posts,
The screenshots for this plugin:
- The admin page showing the options for this plugin:
- Toggle Assign
When the number of categories increases, so will the number of toggles shown for each media item in the media list view. If this takes too much space, use this option to disable showing the category toggles. Of course it will still be possible to toggle the categories in bulk with the bulk action button and with the checkboxes in the individual media editing mode. By default, this option is set.
- Media Taxonomy To Use
By default, WordPress already supports a number of taxonomies. The value selected with this drop down list determines which taxonomy to use for toggling and bulk functionality. It shows all taxonomies currently in use for attachments, including the number of attachments used by that taxonomy. By default, the plugin supports the new MCM Category taxonomy.
- Name for Custom MCM Taxonomy
This option enables to change the display name for the custom taxonomy. It is in effect when a previously registered and used taxonomy is selected in the Media Taxonomy To Use option. There is also an option to define the singular name to be used for display.
- Use Default Category
This option determines whether or not to use a default category when adding or editing an attachment. When editing the attachment, this option only has effect when there was no category used before.
- Default Media Category
This option defines the default category to be used when importing or uploading new media files or editing an existing attachment. The list of categories shown depends on the Media Taxonomy To Use option selected.
- Use Post Taxonomy
By default, WordPress already supports a category taxonomy for posts. This same taxonomy can be used for media files too. This option enables the support for this taxonomy. By default, this option is disabled.
- Toggle Assign
- Managing the new Media Category taxonomy.
- Setting Media Category options for a media post.
- Media List page view showing individual toggle options for first media post.
- Media List page view showing bulk toggle actions for selected media post.
- Media List page view showing filter options for Media Categories.
- Media Grid page view showing filter options for Media Categories.
- The admin page showing the shortcode explanations for this plugin.
- The post edit page showing an example using the [wp-mcm category="mediafoto,medialogo"] shortcode.
- The post page sho