This WP Media Category Management plugin will ease the management of media categories.
It supports categories for media using either the existing post categories or a dedicated media_category custom taxonomy. The plugin supports easy category toggling on the media list page view and also bulk toggling for multiple media at once. It now also supports post tags and media taxonomies defined by other plugins.
The main benefits:
- Use post categories or dedicated media categories.
- Control your media categories via admin the same way as post categories.
- Bulk toggle any media taxonomy assignment from Media Library via admin.
- Filter media files in Media Library by your custom taxonomies, both in List and Grid view.
- Use new or existing shortcode to filter the media on galleries in posts and pages.
- Use a default category while uploading (see FAQ section).
- Use functionality to manage whether users are allowed or disallowed to manage media.
- Use WPMCM Gallery block to filter the media on galleries in posts and pages.
- Filter media per user on several places like List or Grid view and showing media with block or shortcode.
- Export MCM Categories and / or attachment information filtered by user.
- Use WP Importer functionality for exported information, even on sites without WP MCM Premium installed.
- Use WPMCM Gallery block layout when using wp-mcm shortcode to filter the media in posts and pages.
The screenshots for this plugin:
- The admin page showing the options for this plugin:
- Toggle Assign
When the number of categories increases, so will the number of toggles shown for each media item in the media list view. If this takes too much space, use this option to disable showing the category toggles. Of course it will still be possible to toggle the categories in bulk with the bulk action button and with the checkboxes in the individual media editing mode. By default, this option is set.
- Media Taxonomy To Use
By default, WordPress already supports a number of taxonomies. The value selected with this drop down list determines which taxonomy to use for toggling and bulk functionality. It shows all taxonomies currently in use for attachments, including the number of attachments used by that taxonomy. By default, the plugin supports the new MCM Category taxonomy.
- Name for Custom MCM Taxonomy
This option enables to change the display name for the custom taxonomy. It is in effect when a previously registered and used taxonomy is selected in the Media Taxonomy To Use option. There is also an option to define the singular name to be used for display.
- Use Default Category
This option determines whether or not to use a default category when adding or editing an attachment. When editing the attachment, this option only has effect when there was no category used before.
- Default Media Category
This option defines the default category to be used when importing or uploading new media files or editing an existing attachment. The list of categories shown depends on the Media Taxonomy To Use option selected.
- Use Post Taxonomy
By default, WordPress already supports a category taxonomy for posts. This same taxonomy can be used for media files too. This option enables the support for this taxonomy. By default, this option is disabled.
- Toggle Assign
2. Managing the new Media Category taxonomy.
3. Setting Media Category options for a media post.
4. Media List page view showing individual toggle options for first media post.
5. Media List page view showing bulk toggle actions for selected media post.
6. Media List page view showing filter options for Media Categories.
7. Media Grid page view showing filter options for Media Categories.
8. The admin page showing the shortcode explanations for this plugin.
9. The post edit page showing an example using the wp-mcm category=”fotos” shortcode.
10. The post page showing the results of the example using the wp-mcm category=”fotos” shortcode.
11. User List page view showing additional user settings for managing media.
12. User Profile page view showing additional user settings for managing media.
13. The post edit page showing an example using the WPMCM Gallery block filtering on MCM Categories Fotos.
14. The post page showing the results of the example using the WPMCM Gallery block filtering on MCM Categories Fotos.
15. The admin page showing the options for Import – Export using this plugin.