Event Locations Manager is part of the WPSL Extenders Add-On.
The site administrator can add and manage events including categories, status and meaningful icons. After creation, each event can be linked to a store location for display and searching on the map.
The Event Locations Manager module supports the following settings:
- Show Events in All Stores Whether to show the Events for each store in columns in the All Stores overview list.
- Add Block To Event Legend? When enabled a block will appear under each event icon shown in the legend.
- Add Text To Event Legend? When enabled text will appear under each event icon shown in the legend.
- Hide Empty Events? Hide the empty categories from the event selector. Locations not published are considered “empty”.
- Event Icon Location: Shows the location where event icons are stored.
- Category and Status settings Shows an explanation and links to the pages where the Event Categories and Statuses can be manages.
- Event Categories in Admin Menu? Whether to show the Event Categories sub menu entry in the Store Locator menu item list.
- Event Statuses in Admin Menu? Whether to show the Event Statuses sub menu entry in the Store Locator menu item list.
The Events tab on the WPSL Extenders page shows a table list with the information on all Events configured for this site. It also shows a button to add a new event. For each event, there are buttons to edit or delete the particular event itself. The table also supports a bulk action to delete the selected events in one action.
For each event a number of settings is available:
- Event Name The name of this event.
- Event Slug The slug for this event. If it is left empty, the slug will be generated from the Event Name.
- Description A free text field to contain the description for this event.
- Event Start The start date and time for this event. It can be defined using a datetime picker using the date time format as defined by the general site settings.
- Event End The end date and time for this event. It can be defined using a datetime picker using the date time format as defined by the general site settings.
- Event Category The category for this event. The label contains a link to the Event Category Manager which provides a full management interface for Event Categories.
- Event Status The status for this event. The label contains a link to the Event Status Manager which provides a full management interface for Event Statuses.
- Event Base URL The url to show more information on this event, e.g. a post on your site.
- Event Icon The url to the icon for this event. It can be easily set by selecting an icon from the set shown.
When adding an event, the fields are empty. When editing an event, the same information is prefilled as shown in the screenshot below. Also, because the slug is used as key, it cannot be edited.
Managing Events on Stores
With the Event Location Manager module, an additional “Extenders Events” section is added to the edit store page. This section shows all available events. For each event a text line can be filled with some text to indicate that this event has a relation with this store. An empty text field indicates that this store is not related to this particular event.